February 12, 2011

988

1
 
axe
 
she strikes and cut , fast as the lighting , with a great sound , and sometimes... sparks
it's certainly what's associate her in all the cultures to the lighting and the rain too
and that drives us to the symbols of fertility , the examples and developments of that fundamental symbolic line are multiple
 
for the mayas as for the modern amerindian world , for the celts as for the china of the t'ang
tha axe made out of stone is called " lighting stone " , it's commonly said that she felt from heaven
and reciprocally , the lighting , says the dogons and the bambaras from mali
is an axe that the god of the water and of the fecundity hurl from heaven to earth
 
that's why the axes made out of stone are in the sanctuaries reserved to this god
and used in the seasonal rituals or to fight against the drought
they also deposit them in the seeds , for the fecunding strengh of these stones to activate the germinating process
having the power to make rain comes , she also have the power to stop it if she becomes excessive
it's , still in black africa what says the azande people
 
in many cambodian legends and of the mountain people of the south vietnam
the axe , being the weapon of the thunder , is emblem of strengh , she opens and penetrate earth
that means that she figurate her union with the sky , her fecundation
 
she cleaves the bark of the tree
it's a symbol of spiritual penetration ( till the heart of the mystery )
and an instrument of the liberation
 
even if she is a symbol of anger , of destruction , like in the shivait iconography
that role can still stay positive , when that destruction is directed against negative tendencies
 
what separates can also unite
it's what can be found in a very old and important chinese tradition , who associates the axe to the wedding ceremonies
young people can only marry if the belong to different families , following the principle of exogamy
because even more than creating a new family , wedding is used to bond two families
that bonding , in ancient times was obtained with the help of diplomatic rites
hence the necessity to have a messenger who is like a intermediary
the axe was the emblem of that messenger
 
the functional ambivalence becomes completely materialized with the double axe
being destructive and protective at the same time , her symbolism rejoin the death - life duality
or duality of the energies that are contrary and complementary , that bridge the double axe with the pharmaceutical caducei
with the hindu vajra too , with thor's hammer
 
and with the two natures of the Christ reunited in the same person
 
what separates is also what sort things
that's why , commenting the symbolic attributes of the angels
pseudo-denys the aeropagite writes :
 
the spears and the axes express the faculty they have to discern the contraries
and the sagacity , the vivacity and the might of that wisdom
separation , wisdom , it's also a power of differenciation, clearly expressed in the greek mythology
athena comes out from zeus brain , opened with the strike of an axe , [...] [...]
 
first tool/weapon of the man , the axe is a center of integration the expression of a permanency , a compiled lighting
 
to finish , the axe , planted at the top of a pyramid
can be understood as the opening of the center , of the casket , of the secrets , of the sky
that means like the supreme act of initiation , of the sudden awareness , the illumination
 
by her cutting , the stone - axe gushed the spark
 
 
 
translated not only for ethan and malachai
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
2
 
the Holy - - Bible
 
psalm 31
 

1 [For the choirmaster Psalm Of David] In you, Yahweh, I have taken refuge, let me never be put to shame, in your saving justice deliver me, rescue me,

2 turn your ear to me, make haste. Be for me a rock-fastness, a fortified citadel to save me.

3 You are my rock, my rampart; true to your name, lead me and guide me!

4 Draw me out of the net they have spread for me, for you are my refuge;

5 to your hands I commit my spirit, by you have I been redeemed. God of truth,

6 you hate those who serve useless idols; but my trust is in Yahweh:

7 I will delight and rejoice in your faithful love! You, who have seen my misery, and witnessed the miseries of my soul,

8 have not handed me over to the enemy, but have given me freedom to roam at large.

9 Take pity on me, Yahweh, for I am in trouble. Vexation is gnawing away my eyes, my soul deep within me.

10 For my life is worn out with sorrow, and my years with sighs. My strength gives way under my misery, and my bones are all wasted away.

11 The sheer number of my enemies makes me contemptible, loathsome to my neighbours, and my friends shrink from me in horror. When people see me in the street they take to their heels.

12 I have no more place in their hearts than a corpse, or something lost.

13 All I hear is slander -- terror wherever I turn -- as they plot together against me, scheming to take my life.

14 But my trust is in you, Yahweh; I say, 'You are my God,'

15 every moment of my life is in your hands, rescue me from the clutches of my foes who pursue me;

16 let your face shine on your servant, save me in your faithful love.

17 I call on you, Yahweh, so let disgrace fall not on me, but on the wicked. Let them go down to Sheol in silence,

18 muzzles on their lying mouths, which speak arrogantly against the upright in pride and contempt.

19 Yahweh, what quantities of good things you have in store for those who fear you, and bestow on those who make you their refuge, for all humanity to see.

20 Safe in your presence you hide them, far from human plotting, shielding them in your tent, far from contentious tongues.

21 Blessed be Yahweh who works for me miracles of his faithful love (in a fortified city)!

22 In a state of terror I cried, 'I have been cut off from your sight!' Yet you heard my plea for help when I cried out to you.

23 Love Yahweh, all his faithful: Yahweh protects his loyal servants, but he repays the arrogant with interest.

24 Be brave, take heart, all who put your hope in Yahweh.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
3
 
 
psalm 32
 

1 [Of David Poem] How blessed are those whose offence is forgiven, whose sin blotted out.

2 How blessed are those to whom Yahweh imputes no guilt, whose spirit harbours no deceit.

3 I said not a word, but my bones wasted away from groaning all the day;

4 day and night your hand lay heavy upon me; my heart grew parched as stubble in summer drought.Pause

5 I made my sin known to you, did not conceal my guilt. I said, 'I shall confess my offence to Yahweh.' And you, for your part, took away my guilt, forgave my sin.Pause

6 That is why each of your faithful ones prays to you in time of distress. Even if great floods overflow, they will never reach your faithful.

7 You are a refuge for me, you guard me in trouble, with songs of deliverance you surround me.Pause

8 I shall instruct you and teach you the way to go; I shall not take my eyes off you.

9 Be not like a horse or a mule; that does not understand bridle or bit; if you advance to master them, there is no means of bringing them near.

10 Countless troubles are in store for the wicked, but one who trusts in Yahweh is enfolded in his faithful love.

11 Rejoice in Yahweh, exult all you upright, shout for joy, you honest of heart.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
4
 
psalm 33
 

1 Shout for joy, you upright; praise comes well from the honest.

2 Give thanks to Yahweh on the lyre, play for him on the ten-stringed lyre.

3 Sing to him a new song, make sweet music for your cry of victory.

4 The word of Yahweh is straightforward, all he does springs from his constancy.

5 He loves uprightness and justice; the faithful love of Yahweh fills the earth.

6 By the word of Yahweh the heavens were made, by the breath of his mouth all their array.

7 He collects the waters of the sea like a dam, he stores away the abyss in his treasure-house.

8 Let the whole earth fear Yahweh, let all who dwell in the world revere him;

9 for, the moment he spoke, it was so, no sooner had he commanded, than there it stood!

10 Yahweh thwarts the plans of nations, frustrates the counsels of peoples;

11 but Yahweh's own plan stands firm for ever, his heart's counsel from age to age.

12 How blessed the nation whose God is Yahweh, the people he has chosen as his heritage.

13 From heaven Yahweh looks down, he sees all the children of Adam,

14 from the place where he sits he watches all who dwell on the earth;

15 he alone moulds their hearts, he understands all they do.

16 A large army will not keep a king safe, nor his strength save a warrior's life;

17 it is delusion to rely on a horse for safety, for all its power it cannot save.

18 But see how Yahweh watches over those who fear him, those who rely on his faithful love,

19 to rescue them from death and keep them alive in famine.

20 We are waiting for Yahweh; he is our help and our shield,

21 for in him our heart rejoices, in his holy name we trust.

22 Yahweh, let your faithful love rest on us, as our hope has rested in you.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
5
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
6
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
7
 
 
Red heart
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
8
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
9
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
10
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
11
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
12
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
13
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
14
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
15
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
16
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
17
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
18
 
 
Note
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
19
 
 
)
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
20
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
21
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
22
 
 
 
 
 
 
Copyright © Ö
Blogger Theme Minimalized by God.